Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No crib can hold the Fish!




Today was big. I finally did it. I had been planning my escape for weeks maybe months. But I was either lacking the perfect plan or the necessary agility to pull it off. Today was different. Everything came together perfectly. My technique was to first throw my right leg over the end of the crib while balancing my body on the front of the crib. (see picture 1). Then I would hold on to the top of the end of the crib and slowly shimmy my way down. The perfect plan...perfectly executed. It all went down today at nap time. When daddy put me down I didn't make a peep. I was quite as a mouse. The beauty of this technique is that I can pull it off without making any noise. After I escaped I slowly walked out to the front room and open the french doors. Daddy was sitting on the couch when I walked in and calmly asked "have you seen the Wiggles dvd?" He looked like he had seen a ghost. I could not contain the giggles and I laughed and laughed. Daddy put me back in the crib, but it was too late, I had mastered the technique. I escaped 6 more times before mommy and daddy took me for a ride in the car and I fell asleep. Daddy caught me in the act one time and took some pictures for the record. My mistake that time was trying to bring my monkey along with me (see picture 2). The final picture is me breaking through the french doors after one of my escapes. Look at that smile I am wearing...true joy at a job well done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Dear. A little person you are Fisher. Now you can decide on your own terms when you want to go to sleep.