Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Battle of the Banana!

Let me begin by noting that I am NOT in the best mood today. It all started this afternoon when I asked mommy for a banana. She gave me the banana but I promptly threw it on the floor. Mommy picked up the banana and gave it back to me. But I threw it on the floor again and announced "I do not want a banana!" Then mommy took my banana away. And even worse she wouldn't give me another banana. You should know that I have been doing this a lot recently. I decide I must have something (banana, cookie, piece of bread) and then decide I don't want it, and then decide I want it again. It's a pretty complex thought process. So back to the battle of the banana. Mommy told me that because I threw my banana on the ground twice I could not have it any more. Well, I let her have it!! I started yelling and screaming about how much I wanted a banana. It turned into a real tantrum...pretty ugly. I yelled so much about it that soon enough it was nap-time. Well. I was in no mood for a nap. I proceeded to tell mommy in the sternest of voices: "Mommy you will NOT take my banana away!" I must have yelled that into the baby-monitor 200 times to no avail. Eventually I got tired and fell asleep, but I'm still not happy.

No comments: