Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daddy Day at School

Yesterday was daddy day at school. Both Kitson and I got to take daddy to school and do all sorts of fun activities. The theme of the day was "Cars" and all the activities involved either racing, building, or drawing race cars. Here is a picture that all three of us took in a race car. If you look closely, you can see that I am holding a 1st place trophy.
When we first got there, Kitson was a little cranky. She wasn't real interested in cleaning a car or in race car snacks...as you can tell from this picture. But after a few minutes, she cheered up and had a lot of fun.
What really cheered Kitson up was drawing race cars with this dot pen. It makes big dots on the piece of paper. And if you fill in each of the dots you will see a super-cool race car. Kitson really likes colors. I think purple is her favorite, with pink a close second.
At the end of the session, all the kids gathered to sign a couple of songs to their daddies. There wasn't a whole lot of room, so Kitson sat on my lap. We're a good team.
I'm not sure what this kid was up to. He was sure checking Kitson out. Good thing I was there to protect her. That's what big brothers do.
A couple of days before "daddy day" our teaches asked each of us what we loved to do with our daddies. Well, you can read what I said when the teacher asked me. Mommy thought my choice was really funny.
The first exhibit was car cleaning. The teacher sprayed shaving cream all over the car and I used a squeegee to clean it up. Grandpa John would have been proud. Kitson was still a little upset at this point.

No comments: