Friday, July 11, 2008

Bon Appétit...no tortilla necessary

I have come to the conclusion that far too many of our culinary decisions in this country involve an excessive use of bread. For instance, when you are craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich what ingredients are really bringing you to the table? The peanut butter and jelly of course! Yet, for some reason we feel the need to complicate these two wonderful ingredients with bread, bread, and more bread. Same thing with a quesadilla, only this time the culprit it a tortilla. That's why I have developed a new technique for eating quesadillas and PB&J sandwiches. You dive right into the good stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, I love bread and buns. In fact, I have been known to eat 3 or 4 hot dog buns as a snack. But I eat them plain...uncle ben style.

No comments: